Wednesday 14 February 2007

Summary Of Research



Whilst looking into Neville Brodys work I came accross an image involving a lot of text typed very densely on a page. There was very small text and within it a larger word. I really liked the dark text and the sheer amount that was on the page and I liked the fact it was on a light background. I decided to try something similar using the words from the songs I had heard so put large volumes of words on the page and recreated the one word in a larger size. I did like this layout so decided to add images. After a few trials I decided to keep this layout in mind and I moved onto looking at Edward Gorey.
I found the books of Edward Gorey very fascinating. I debated whether I should write my own story in a similar theme but instead opted to just look at his visual style. The dark spooky shapes have influenced some of my pages quite heavily as has the work of film director Tim Burton.
The dark spooky trees that feature in the Burton films have surfaced in some of my work. I really like the spindly shapes of the plants.
I also came accross Non-Format, on the internet and I really did like their work. It seems a lot of the work is playing around with text. Swirly spindly shapes feature a lot in the designs and this was something I spent a great deal of time playing around with.

No comments: